Notification alert for when internet goes down

2024-01-24 15:51:47
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi, I have recently purchesed this router and downloaded the tether app. I do not have the notification alerts setting under tools in the app and was wondering how I go about getitng notified when the internet is down at home through the tether app when I am out?

Would I need to buy other hardware or is it possible to do with upgrading to homeshield pro ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Notification alert for when internet goes down
2024-01-24 19:26:09

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section. If this is not possible, is there anything on the market I can use to notify me if my home internet is down rather than the ISP.

Many thanks

Options
2024-01-25 06:46:34

@Tim1981 

When managing the router remotely, you will see the router as cloud device offline, but there is no pop up notification.

Options
2024-01-25 09:11:07

Thank you for the reply. Do you know if there is any other hardware I can purchase so I know when the router is off from the house as a pop up on my phone please.

Many Thanks.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Tim1981 you can use a remote service to ping your WAN IP address (ISP ip address) such as uptimerobot or hetrixtools or similar and send you a notification when the ip is down via ping. Most of them offer free service if you are checking 1 device every 5 minutes or so. Don't need hardware for it but will need to have a router that allows response to WAN pings.

Options
a week ago

@bathtank Is there any other way to get notifications when Internet goes down without opening ping to WAN IPs? Doing that exposes a router to potential hackers pinging a router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 5

Related Articles