Cannot export site or see second site in global view to migrate

2024-01-24 19:09:29 - last edited 2024-01-29 01:49:32

I need some help.

I have 2 software-based controllers on my network both on docker containers recently upgraded to the new version from a VERY old one. I had to essentially redo everything, including setting up the AP from scratch, due to my own fault. I setup a temporary software controller and would like to migrate back to the old one but I cant figure out how to as the menu items have changed.

1 controller is working and functioning under the new version 5.13.23 this is fine, however I'm trying to migrate this site to another controller but I cant find any of the older menu items to export configuration.

2 controller is working but empty I can only import but its also running on version 5.13.23

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot export site or see second site in global view to migrate-Solution
2024-01-25 06:01:52 - last edited 2024-01-29 01:49:32

Hi @Daniel604,

After upgrading the firmware of the Omada Controller to V5.9, significant changes have been made to the Controller's Web GUI. The most notable change is the addition of a Global View. So please go to the Global view and do the Site/Controller migration.

Please check the detailed article here: The significant changes in the Web GUI before and after Omada Controller v5.9

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot export site or see second site in global view to migrate
2024-01-24 19:12:26

@Daniel604 

Sorry I forgot to include - I cannot see both sites together

Options
Re:Cannot export site or see second site in global view to migrate-Solution
2024-01-25 06:01:52 - last edited 2024-01-29 01:49:32

Hi @Daniel604,

After upgrading the firmware of the Omada Controller to V5.9, significant changes have been made to the Controller's Web GUI. The most notable change is the addition of a Global View. So please go to the Global view and do the Site/Controller migration.

Please check the detailed article here: The significant changes in the Web GUI before and after Omada Controller v5.9

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot export site or see second site in global view to migrate
2024-01-26 14:17:19 - last edited 2024-01-26 14:18:21

@Daniel604 

The advantage of the Docker containers is that if something like this happens you can spin down the new controller container and spin up the old controller.  You should take note of the Device Admin credentials from the new controller and apply them to the old controller if it fails to adopt the devices.

In the new controller world, you'd have 1 controller with multiple sites.  So build the new controller, then import your sites one at a time into it.

For instance, here's my container list from one of my NAS (I keep some older ones around for forum questions):

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 205

Replies: 3

Related Articles