Xbox series s keeps disconnecting from wifi

2024-01-28 19:53:14
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(4555)

I recently boyght an archer c80 router because the router my isp gave me stopped working. My Xbox keeps disconnecting from the router pretty much every 1-2 hours when i'm using 5g wifi (it also sometimes happens with 2,4g wifi but less often). I tried using multiple solutions such as dmz, upnp, port forwarding, resetting the router back to factory settings, resetting the Xbox to factory settings but I still kept disconnecting. My Xbox also keeps showing me that i have double strict nat but i don't know how to fix it. I only have one router. The Xbox is the only device that keeps disconnecting. The strength of my wifi signal is around 85%. In the other house that i live in I have the isp router I use 5g wifi and it never had any issues. I'd really appreciate some help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Xbox series s keeps disconnecting from wifi
2024-01-28 22:31:06 - last edited 2024-01-28 22:33:33

From what i gathered and and understand what you said in the other house is where your isp router is.

If your now tp link router (I'm guessing in a out house or adjacent building) is connected to your main isp router amd has the dhcp turned on as well as your tp link router you could be getting double nat issues,

If what im saying is correct i would put your tp link router into AP mode amd put the tp link ssid amd password the same as the main router ssid amd password so atleast when you go between buildings you can join either router but atleast turn the tp link router dhcp off as thay could be causing a conflict on the network which is why your xbox is disconecting. Im not too clued up on double nat but im sure someone else more clued up will correct me or atleast have another idea why this is happening and offer more advice 👍🏻👍🏻

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 1

Related Articles