EAD 660 HD firmware update issue (file invalid)

2024-01-31 17:03:48 - last edited 2024-02-01 03:28:06
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.7 Build 20231214 Rel. 34160

Hi there!

I've been trying to update to the latest firmware for the EAP 660HD through OC200 and get a file invalid error.

I noticed quite a few people said to factory reset and update it in standalone mode and got a a similar error.

I did a hardware reset, other factory resets to no avail.

Tried searching these forums and reddit nothing seems to suggest other steps.

Do anybody have any hint on what could be done to update the EAP?

Thanks

Note, my hw version is US, For some reason has a Canadian version FW, which is weird. I suspect I cannot flash manually a US firmware?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAD 660 HD firmware update issue (file invalid)-Solution
2024-02-01 03:27:32 - last edited 2024-02-01 03:28:06

Hi @TwistedSpirit 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. You cannot flash it to the US firmware. Canadian models are supposed to stay on CA firmware.

2. Canadian models are printed as US models which is a fact.

3. I don't think you have any newer updates than this one.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:EAD 660 HD firmware update issue (file invalid)
2024-01-31 18:32:57 - last edited 2024-01-31 18:34:17

TwistedSpirit wrote

Note, my hw version is US, For some reason has a Canadian version FW, which is weird. I suspect I cannot flash manually a US firmware?

I highly suspect this is part of the issue.

Seems the Canadian models do not even have anything newer than 1.1.0, not even 1.1.1.1, well atleast on the site, becuase I see you have 1.2.7 apprently.

Have you tried downloading 1.2.10 from the US site and manually upgrading them? Though Isuspect it will not work.

Options
2024-01-31 18:40:13 - last edited 2024-01-31 18:59:37

Thats what I've been trying to do and get that message :( I remember getting the update for 1.2.7 through the OC200, but just recently noted they where CA firmware. Based on a few comments I've seen it seems very hard to go back. I see maybe it's possible using TFTP?

Options
Re:EAD 660 HD firmware update issue (file invalid)-Solution
2024-02-01 03:27:32 - last edited 2024-02-01 03:28:06

Hi @TwistedSpirit 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. You cannot flash it to the US firmware. Canadian models are supposed to stay on CA firmware.

2. Canadian models are printed as US models which is a fact.

3. I don't think you have any newer updates than this one.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-01 12:44:14
Actually I was able to flash back using the recovery method of the EAP. I have the 265HDv1 that I can't get into into recovery mode. Does this model have a different way to get into recovery mode.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 4

Related Articles