LAN - can't assign ip address

2024-02-06 20:34:41
Model: Archer C2600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I have a Intel Lan adapter on my ROG strix b550-a mb that failed and won't assign an IP address.  

Bought a TP-Link tx201 pcie card that worked for 4 weeks then randomly stopped while I was working.  

I've done absolutely everything I can, aswell as my tech remote accessed my laptop and tested the modem and also the PC, tried to assign static IP, a whole lot of other stuff and still no success.  It's communicating properly but just will not assign an IP.

Reformatted twice yesterday to no success.

Even allowed access to the computer from router through QoS, nothing seems to work.

I know my mobo has 3x revisions for the onboard lan adapter and assuming it's cooked.  But the new pcie card now does the same thing.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:LAN - can't assign ip address
2024-02-20 06:59:09

@Jason8787 

Hi, 

If all the other devices are working fine with the Archer C2600 router and only the ROG strix b550-a mb doesn't work with either adapter, please test if it works fine with other router network.

If the problem still exists with other router network, it seems to be still the adapter issue, for the TP-Link network adapter issue, you could start a new thread under Adapters part.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 1

Related Articles