Unable to update firmware on satellite Deco S7 unit

2024-02-09 20:27:06
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.4.1

I bought a pack of 2 x Deco S7 sattelite nodes today to add to my existing 3 x Deco S7 mesh system. Both new nodes were added without problems and were. Prompted to update both from firmware v1.4.1 to v1.4.5.after setup. One updated succesfully, but the other one seems to be stuck in a loop, prompting to download the latest firmware , and indicating that it was succesfully installed, untill you go back into the main setup screen where it shows its still v1.4.1, and prompts you to update it again. Did it 5 times already without any success. Ive also reset the deco unit as well, but no luck in updating from v1.4.1 to v1.4.5. Anyone else have this issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to update firmware on satellite Deco S7 unit
2024-02-19 08:37:51

@Jibarnard I have a similar issue.

Unable to update my Deco S7 units via the mobile app and through the browser page. Both the online upgrade and local upgrade don't upgrade the units. I don't get errors, but they just don't end up upgraded currently.

Options
Re:Unable to update firmware on satellite Deco S7 unit
2024-02-19 20:40:56

@Orderoftheflame  thanks for you response! It seems that no-one knows what to make of this.Ive taken it back to the shop where I bought the dual pack of S7's and did one of the technical staff members assist me to manually "force" an update by connecting ot to a desktop and not tnrough the normal channels. The proof however will be when the next firmware update arrive to see if I need to take on the challenge again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 2

Related Articles