Low WiFi speed
Low WiFi speed
2024-02-10 16:22:13
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20231229 Rel. 36756

Hello,

I have a set of 3 Deco P9 units and my setup is as follows:

Internet (street) > ISP router > Deco P9 main unit > TV (Ethernet) and other 2 units (wifi)

A pretty simple setup, I think. The Deco main unit is in Access Point mode. Firmware is updated to the latest version.

The problem is that if I connect my laptop directly to the main Deco unit by Ethernet cable I get 80/90 Mbits/s speeds (tested on Ookla speed test). But when I test on my phone when connected to the same Deco unit (checked on the Deco app) I only get 10/20 Mbits/s. 

I don't know what else to try. The speed when connected on the others units is even worse. The second unit is connected to the main unit by WiFi and the third unit (on another floor) is connected to the second one by PLC/WiFi and the speed on that one gets as low as 1/2 Mbits/s.

This is very frustrating and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Low WiFi speed
2024-02-11 10:16:44

@palroj Make sure you're connected to the 5Ghz network when you test speed using phone

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-02-11 16:55:14

@ImtiazAli thanks for the reply. I activated both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz on the Deco and it improved the speeds in the main unit (300+ Mbits/s). But I noticed that the remaining units keep a somewhat low speed (10-20 Mbit/s). For context, I have the second unit some 6 meters away in direct view of the main unit. 

I'm wondering If I should keep the Deco wifi settings only to 5Ghz.

Options
2024-02-23 02:54:21

@palroj Since you have ISP router, try setting the Decos in Access point mode & see if that improves the speed

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 3

Related Articles