Archer C6 EU v4 Packet Loss Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-12 19:26:55 - last edited 2024-02-12 19:28:17
Tags: #Packet Loss
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(4555)

Hey , im having big issue with Archer , i have fiber connection from GPON router, PacketLoss is up to 70% sometimes , tried almost everything and cannot resolve the issue . Speed, Ping are ok but packetloss makes that i cannot even speak with my friends on Discord neither playing any multiplayer game because of lags . Im connected to Archer trough Ethernet CAT6 Cable .

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C6 EU v4 Packet Loss Issue
2024-02-20 09:56:50

@PelsonBMW 

Hi, the packet loss issue happens when you ping the router LAN IP address or only when you ping other IP address or domain names?
The test was always done via Ethernet connection, right?

Who is your ISP please? and what is the WAN connection type you configured on the Archer C6 router? like PPPoE or Dynamic IP?

If possible, you could connect the same computer to your GPON Router directly to run the same test to see if the issue happens as well.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer C6 EU v4 Packet Loss Issue
2024-02-20 10:48:20

@Sunshine 

Yes , all tests was made through physical connection with cat6 ethernet cable . 

Packet loss issue is while I try to speak with my friends or play games . Also while I ping some IP adress the packet loss happens .

My ISP IS : Świdman - located in Świdnik , Poland 

I don't have Packetloss issues while I'm connected trough VPN ... Archer is in Bridge mode but I can access it config site because I've set IP manually and disabled DHCP (to get access to router settings while in bridge mode) , I'll try to connect PC directly to ONT 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 455

Replies: 2

Tags

Packet Loss
Related Articles