Multicast problem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multicast problem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Multicast problem?
Multicast problem?
2013-08-11 00:10:40
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Please forgive me sounding a bit naïve, but this is the first time I've used a forum and don't even know if I'm posting this in the appropriate place.
My problem is that I attempted to use some software that I downloaded onto my desktop to allow me to print wirelessly from IPhone/IPad. I've discovered that the airprint doesn't work with my TP-LINK signal booster working on my home network. After contacting the software company, they say that my problem is that my hardware does not support Multicast, and I just wondered if there is a way around this.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Multicast problem?
2013-08-11 21:17:13
there are some post with Apple issues and Tp-Link
iOS requirements
A Wi-Fi capable AirPrint printer must be connected to the same home Wi-Fi network as the iOS device or Mac. See this article http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3500 for an overview on connecting a Wi-Fi capable printer to your Wi-Fi network.
with 730 in theory you are connected to same network, but with a dif Mac, you do not post HD ver and FW ver. this is not a guessing game, only if you provide info. we understand your situation and needs, post too how did you set your rannge extender in Wireless Settings/Universal Repeater or WDS Repeater try both.
Options
Re:Multicast problem?
2013-08-12 04:45:47
Thanks for the reply danymarc, but like I said, I'm a bit of a newby to this - The printer that I'm using is Wifi capable, although I have it hard wired to my desktop PC, and the Software I'm using is called Fingerprint. The desktop is connected via Ethernet to Virgin Media Superhub (combined router/modem) in the loft. I use the printer without a problem to print using Wifi from my home Laptop. When I try and print using iOS device, I get "no air printers found", but if I power down the range extender, the printer is found straight away! Don't know if that sheds any light?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 915

Replies: 2

Related Articles