Can't add tp-link ID to router as I'm not in the managers list

2024-02-22 10:04:48 - last edited 2024-02-23 11:28:51
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(4555)

Hi, I can't manage my Archer AX55 with Tp-link ID, when I try to do so I get the message "You cannot log in to this router since you are not a manager of it. Please ask the owner to add you to the managers list."

Can you reset this managers list? I suppose this happened when I changed my email account.

I don't have access to the old email anymore (old domain expired).

Thank you,

Stefano

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't add tp-link ID to router as I'm not in the managers list-Solution
2024-02-23 11:27:32 - last edited 2024-02-23 11:28:51

@Sunshine I performed the factory reset, reconfigured, and was able to fix the TP-Link ID. Thanks for your support!

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Can't add tp-link ID to router as I'm not in the managers list
2024-02-23 02:11:53

@Replicant 

Hi, I guess your AX55 V1 is still bound to your old email address. Even though the old email domain expired, the old TP-Link ID still exists, please try to login the router with your old TP-Link ID, if it works, you could unbind your AX55 from previous TP-Link ID on Basic->TP-Link ID page, then bind it to your new TP-Link ID.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-23 07:06:09

@Sunshine the old email doesn't work anymore, I can't login to tp-link with it. Is there a way to reset ownership?

Options
2024-02-23 07:56:40

@Replicant 

Even though the old email doesn't work any more, the TP-Link ID with old email address still exists, so please try to login the router web interface via your previous TP-Link ID with old email address.

If it also doesn't work, please try factory reset the router by holding reset button for about 10s until power LED flashing, please note that all the configurations will be lost after the factory reset.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-23 07:58:39

@Sunshine the password for the old account is not accepted and I can't use the password reminder feature as the old email doesn't exist anymore.

Will the factory reset clear the TP-LINK ID association? Isn't that something mapped in your backend instead with the device serial number? Thanks

Options
2024-02-23 10:00:03

@Replicant 

Normally factory reset will clear the TP-Link ID association as well, however, if it is still the same, please provide us with the proof of purchase and also picture of the bottom label on the device via private message or via email: support.forum@tp-link.com

Replicant wrote

@Sunshine the password for the old account is not accepted and I can't use the password reminder feature as the old email doesn't exist anymore.

Will the factory reset clear the TP-LINK ID association? Isn't that something mapped in your backend instead with the device serial number? Thanks

Options
Re:Can't add tp-link ID to router as I'm not in the managers list-Solution
2024-02-23 11:27:32 - last edited 2024-02-23 11:28:51

@Sunshine I performed the factory reset, reconfigured, and was able to fix the TP-Link ID. Thanks for your support!

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-27 02:36:55

@Replicant 

Glad to hear that you've resolved the problem! Hope you could enjoy the internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 7

Related Articles