Custom DNS not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Custom DNS not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Custom DNS not working
Custom DNS not working
2024-02-23 10:41:20 - last edited 2024-02-25 18:19:17
Model: Archer AX12  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21

Hello, I recently bought archer AX12 for my home router and wanted to use Nextdns as a custom dns provider. There is no option for DoH or DoT till now so I opted for Linked IP with tplink DDNS.

The problem is my router seems to be bypassing whatever I put in the DNS settings. First I set the dns ip in internet setting section. Next in DHCP section. Tried both too. But nothing works. Everytime after setting the IP I reboot and check for the dns server its using and I get my broadband DNS(Alliance broadband). There is no option to force fully use the settings provided either. 

Is it a problem of this particular model or am I setting up wrong?

Also is there any plans of adding DoH or DoT support in AX12 later?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Custom DNS not working
2024-02-24 14:16:41

@newbie199 

This should suffice if you want to use a custom DNS instead of the ISP provided:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-25 03:34:59

@terziyski 

I have a static ip setup. So there is no advabced option like thatStatic Ip

Options
2024-02-25 14:53:58 - last edited 2024-02-25 18:19:17

@newbie199 

OK, so if you set Primary and Secondary DNS in these fields your internet connection should use these DNS for queries.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-25 18:21:08

@terziyski 

That doesnot work. After setting the dns i checked dns server my connection is using and it always shows broadband dns. Maybe its a problem in this model or firmware version.

Options
2024-02-25 18:25:57

@newbie199 

Can you describe how did you test what dns server your connection is using ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 710

Replies: 5

Related Articles