Votes

Add payment based authentication on the captive portal.

Votes

2024-02-29 09:56:12
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

requesting that payment based authentication should be add to the omada controller helping alot for wifi users especially students in hostel who live on for example the 24th floor coming 24 floors  down just to get access to physical voucher code i believe payment based authentication will solve this problem.

Am also requesting that the voucher codes should be sent to then via sms

Options
7 Reply
RE:Add payment based authentication on the captive portal.
2024-03-07 00:38:01
Much better for omada controller
Options
Re:Add payment based authentication on the captive portal.
2024-03-07 06:17:07

Hi @Toxic-tim 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Omada Controller supports external web pages as authentication. You can combine the SMS and payment at the same time to get your customer paid for the Internet.

About your payment-based authentication, give details on what you expect us to do. Be specific.

Note it is not possible for us to create a payment way to transfer the credit into your bank account. We will not join this part of the action. We don't intend to create a slot machine or anything like that.

The portal offers a connection to a different page where you can host all of these. It is clear that we can offer ways to use a portal connected to your web or anything else to get them authenticated, but not gonna involved in monetary-related actions.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-09 22:36:56

@Clive_A 

Your response is excellent. I am wanting to do the same thing as Ubiquiti currently offers users to buy access plans (ex. 24hr access, 4-Day Access, etc.) and get authorized to use the WiFi hotspot for their selected duration. While payment is involved with this, Ubiquiti (like you stated that TP-Link doesn't want to) doesn't process the payments at all. They have about 20+ payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal that you can link your account to and that service will handle the payments and through the API link then gives the okay to the controller to allow that person access for what they had paid for.

Options
2024-08-11 03:06:35

Hi  @Event_WISP 

Event_WISP wrote

@Clive_A 

Your response is excellent. I am wanting to do the same thing as Ubiquiti currently offers users to buy access plans (ex. 24hr access, 4-Day Access, etc.) and get authorized to use the WiFi hotspot for their selected duration. While payment is involved with this, Ubiquiti (like you stated that TP-Link doesn't want to) doesn't process the payments at all. They have about 20+ payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal that you can link your account to and that service will handle the payments and through the API link then gives the okay to the controller to allow that person access for what they had paid for.

That's still not accessed by UBNT. It is still using external.

Unless you can show me something showing the background activities are going to the UBNT.

They just open a way to allow you link third-party payment and verify the payment return value. They don't actually involve in the payment process. They only receive the binary digit or code to learn the payment status.

My point is that we are not gonna add the "payment method" but allow you to do this with external URL.

I am happy to learn if you can provide me a link of how UBNT set this up. So I can learn if their "portal method" in doing this "payment portal thing."

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-15 23:41:35
Yes please give us the option in the in the default portal to do this, the custom portal is too unreliable esp. in CBC. Please allow users to upload e-wallet QR image for easy payment and allow us to add fields or table to display pricing.
Options
2024-08-15 23:44:20
Voted for this, the default portal should have payment and pricing fields added. Custom portal is too unreliable at least in my case using CBC.
Options
2024-08-16 17:02:42
This a nice feature and hope that this API that can validate and authenticate
Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 606

Replies: 7

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters