How to make my PC connect to Deco E4 (satellite) via LAN?

2024-02-29 12:16:29
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, recently I purchased Deco E4 (3 pack). The main router is in my living room and my PC is in another room. Near my PC I have got one E4 satellite. I tried to connect my PC with the satellite using a LAN cable, but the PC doesn't detect the connection at all. I tried using several different cable.

Then, I tried connecting my old WiFi extender with the E4 satellite and the PC with the extender, it worked with those same cables.

I tried the same with my laptop and direct LAN connection to PC/Laptop doesn't work. I tried changing the satellite, but the result is the same.

So, how do I connect via LAN directly to satellite? Or do I need to keep using the extender?

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to make my PC connect to Deco E4 (satellite) via LAN?
2024-02-29 13:00:38

@Shafiul_1112 

If you bring laptop to Main Deco and connect laptop with Ethernet cable to the second port of Main Deco, will laptop connect via Ethernet?

Options
2024-03-01 09:42:07

@Shafiul_1112 it sounds dumb but have you tried swapping the ethernet port you're plugged into on the Deco? My XE75s had an issue where some of the ports would stop working for client devices and some ports stopped working for backhaul. I had to return them in the end and get a replacement.

Also, if you go into the Deco app and under advanced settings check if "IPTV/VLAN" is enabled. If you're not using IPTV or VLAN this should be disabled as it can prevent your ethernet ports working for typical use.

Last thing to try is simply disabling the WiFi on your laptop and seeing if the ethernet works after that. It should default to an ethernet connection but it's worth trying everything to rule out issues with the laptop

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2024-03-17 11:37:49

@Alexandre. No!

Options
2024-03-17 11:41:09

@Wrayman Yes, it sounds dumb. I really feel dumb buying this product :(

1. I tried changing ports and the devices. I have 3 devices. So I tried all ports but the PC/laptop doesn't connect

2. I don't have IPTV, yet, I tried your option. Same result!

3. My PC doesn't even have a WiFi device! So, no option of that. Anyway, I tried with Laptop, but same result!

Now I'm stuck with: the original modem from the operator, 3 deco and one old WiFi router to connect my PC & TV to internet.

I really feel dumb buying Deco E4

Options
2024-03-17 11:50:33

Shafiul_1112 wrote

@Alexandre. No!

@Shafiul_1112 

Main Deco plays the role of standard WiFi router. Its second Ethernet port is LAN port.

By connecting PC/laptop to Main Deco with Ethernet cable, you changed problem from "can't hardwire to Deco mesh" to more generic "PC can't connect to LAN."

I recommend googling for "pc cannot connect to lan network" and follow recommendations, which are many. 

Options
2024-03-18 22:05:27

@Alexandre. I think I couldn't make it clear to you.

I didn't try the main deco first. I tried connecting my PC with a satellite deco first! And yes, I tried the second ethernet port (LAN port). When it didn't work, I tried with another satellite. It didn't work.

Then I tried connecting in the first port of one satellite deco. Then the other satellite.

Then I tried connecting my old WiFi Router with the satellite and the PC with the wifi router. It worked.

Then I tried connecting my PC to the second port of the main deco. It didn't work.

Only after trying these, I switched the first port on the main deco.

Then, I reset the full system, and repeated everything I already did.

Options
2024-03-19 13:23:41 - last edited 2024-03-19 17:16:18

@Shafiul_1112 

It may be as simple as having static IP address configured on PC. Deco mesh could provide IP addresses in different range than your previous router, that would prevent device with (now incorrect) static IP address from connecting to the Internet.

Think about Deco mesh as WiFi router. Your problem is you have PC that can connect to LAN of old WiFi router, but not to LAN of your new WiFi router. If you think about it that way, you may be able to fix it, because you will focus on PC networking settings.

If you think of it as "TP-Link Deco problem" and expect fix by changing settings in Deco app, you won't have a fix.

In situation like yours I would:

1. Check if PC is configured with static IP and change in to dynamic;

2. Do Network Reset (under System/Network&Internet/Advanced Network Settings);

3. Run "Find and fix Network Problems" troubleshooter you can find under Settings (just type it in Search window of Settings).

If that does not help, I would start googling for the phrase I provided to you in my previous reply.

Options