Omada Unmanaged Switches?

2024-03-01 02:06:06 - last edited 2024-03-03 05:38:29

I can't be the only one confused about these unmanaged switches carying the Omada branding, can I?

Isn't the point about Omada the management?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada Unmanaged Switches?
2024-03-01 02:10:29 - last edited 2024-03-03 05:38:29

Hi @infinitytec 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Omada is making its product line complete. That's why they are classified as part of Omada even thought they cannot be adopted or managed at all.

If you are a customer who needs an unmanaged switch, you know that you can find a model in its branding and use it. Instead of looking at the different names like SG105 or SG108.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-02 23:05:57

That's certainly going to cause confusion as the TP-Link switches all look similar, and the model #s aren't obvious different.  So if I am understanding correctly, there are now unmanaged, smart managed, and Omada managed switches that look similar and are all going to have "Omada" associated with them...?  The "Omada" name was the only easy way to make sure when shopping that I was getting the correct switch. This is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Options
2024-03-03 05:10:00

RSCW wrote

That's certainly going to cause confusion as the TP-Link switches all look similar, and the model #s aren't obvious different.  So if I am understanding correctly, there are now unmanaged, smart managed, and Omada managed switches that look similar and are all going to have "Omada" associated with them...?  The "Omada" name was the only easy way to make sure when shopping that I was getting the correct switch. This is a terrible idea in my opinion.

@RSCW 

yes agreed

Options
2024-03-03 05:40:27

@RSCW I'm glad I am not the only person who feels this way.

Omada means management in my mind. If I say I got an Omada switch and that I liked it (a true statement) I am worried that someone will now pick up an inferior unmannaged switch. Now I have to specify that it needs to be an Omada managed switch?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 4

Related Articles