Archer AX55 Wireguard VPN Server speed connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-01 15:20:23
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(4555)

Hello, can anyone of you share your experiences with this device? So far I have used AX10 and a router connected to it in AP mode with OpenWRT software and Wireguard VPN installed.I bought the device with the intention of getting rid of the additional router with OpenWRT software - I am disappointed with what happened to me.
After configuring the Wireguard VPN Server connection, the VPN client has a very low connection speed, this is not a problem with the Internet connection, because on another device connected to the AX55 via LAN and configuring Wireguard VPN Server, the speed is 60 times higher. After performing the speedtest, the device connected via a VPN tunnel directly to the AX55 reaches a speed of 2-10mb/s or the connection is disconnected, the same device connected via a VPN tunnel to the OpenWRT server achieves a speed of 60-90mb/s. Is something messed up in the firmware? The router is new, after taking it out of the box and configuring it, updated to the latest system version.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 Wireguard VPN Server speed connection
2024-03-04 10:05:27

@Przemciol 

Hi, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Please check your email box and confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX55 Wireguard VPN Server speed connection
2024-03-04 10:29:16

@Sunshine 

Thank you for sharing my problem, I have one more suggestion that could be implemented in a potentially new firmware. In the VPN Client menu there is an option to enter the private key, in the VPN Server menu there is no such option, I think someone has already touched on this topic in another thread.

Options