Adopting Gigabit Smart Switch.TL-SG2008 (4x) to Amada OC200 Hardware Controller

2024-03-05 15:36:19 - last edited 2024-03-14 10:55:33
Model: TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: SG2008(UN)_v4.20_4.20.0 Build 20230818

Dear fellow forum members.

Due to circumstances I got into trouble with the Omada system.

First of all thanks to my “VERY way below par” knowledge.

But after 3 weeks and the reset buttons worn out, it seems to work a bit. (if it doesn't suddenly stop again soon)

My Omada system consists of:

1 x TP-Link Hardware Controller.

1 x TP-Link VPN Router ER605v2.

4 x TP-Link Switches TL-SG2008.

My problem is adding the 4 x TP-Link Switches TL-SG2008

The Omada does see the 4 x Switches TL-SG2008 and also gives all kinds of shouts to indicate that the Switches are welcome. But when I click add it, I get Adoption Fail every time. I really don't have no idea anymore.

For the sake of clarity, the IP and MAC of these Switches are binded.

(I will attach a screenshot).

I have been working on this issue for a long time, the only thing I could find is that perhaps I should not have done the existing update Firmware.

The technique where I come from is that the first thing you do.

So that's pretty much the first thing I did.

I configured the Switches though there Local settings the switch web UI. I find a lot of remarks about the Passwords (this seems to be the issue according TP-Link) and I have changed the Password after presetting and taking a Backup. 

I'm 100% sure that the User and Password correct.

A question in between, Does anybody know if I gif the Switch a Factory Reset (not sure if possible) does the firmware come to its default / original? 

But I'm more interested if anyone is familiar with this problem and has a solution or immediately sees what I did wrong/didn't do?

Given my knowledge, I strongly suspect that I am making a mistake somewhere.

Perhaps there is someone who would like to comment.

Thank you in advance.

Greeting

Switches from Pending to Adoption Fail Caption

Good day ! I would like to help and contribute to this community as much as possible. I'll probably be more asking than contributing at the beginning. Please excuse my poor knowledge. Cheers!
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Adopting Gigabit Smart Switch.TL-SG2008 (4x) to Amada OC200 Hardware Controller-Solution
2024-03-06 03:17:20 - last edited 2024-03-14 10:55:33

Hi @Hejacon 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Simple way, TL; DR, reset it, it reboots, then find it and adopt it, and done.

If you are new to a solution like this, you should call technical support instead of playing around yourself.

Or carefully read the User Guide of the Controller. Esp the first part of "to start". This is explained.

The web GUI password is not the same as the adopted one. Adoption will try the default admin and admin to adopt. Then try the set "Device Account" and adopt, if both failed, it'll ask you for the password.

Adoption will also erase the settings. This is mentioned hundreds of times on the forum. I think you should answer this yourself if you have done a proper study.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Adopting Gigabit Smart Switch.TL-SG2008 (4x) to Amada OC200 Hardware Controller-Solution
2024-03-06 03:17:20 - last edited 2024-03-14 10:55:33

Hi @Hejacon 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Simple way, TL; DR, reset it, it reboots, then find it and adopt it, and done.

If you are new to a solution like this, you should call technical support instead of playing around yourself.

Or carefully read the User Guide of the Controller. Esp the first part of "to start". This is explained.

The web GUI password is not the same as the adopted one. Adoption will try the default admin and admin to adopt. Then try the set "Device Account" and adopt, if both failed, it'll ask you for the password.

Adoption will also erase the settings. This is mentioned hundreds of times on the forum. I think you should answer this yourself if you have done a proper study.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Adopting Gigabit Smart Switch.TL-SG2008 (4x) to Amada OC200 Hardware Controller
2024-03-14 10:59:14
Hello Clive. I must apologize for the late response. I have some health issues and didn't see a push notification that there were any messages. While I am desperately waiting for quite a few answers. Sorry for this. Beste Regards. Henk
Good day ! I would like to help and contribute to this community as much as possible. I'll probably be more asking than contributing at the beginning. Please excuse my poor knowledge. Cheers!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 2

Related Articles