Creating a private wired and wireless network from ethernet cable

2024-03-12 15:03:07 - last edited 2024-03-13 03:36:44

Hi all

I have access to an ethernet port of a router to which several users connect.

From this port, I would like to have a common wired and wireless private network in which the devices would not be visible to the outside users.

Could this be done with a normal router? I would like to get something universal that might have other uses in the future.

I have been able to do this only as a private wireless network, connecting ethernet to a LAN port, but then the other LAN ports just act as a switch and are in the same network as the input cable.

Thank You

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Creating a private wired and wireless network from ethernet cable-Solution
2024-03-12 15:45:35 - last edited 2024-03-13 03:36:44

@Ironicster 

A common wireless router would do the job. Keep in mind that the devices behind the second (private) router would be able to see the devices behind the main router - the oposite would not be possible.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Creating a private wired and wireless network from ethernet cable-Solution
2024-03-12 15:45:35 - last edited 2024-03-13 03:36:44

@Ironicster 

A common wireless router would do the job. Keep in mind that the devices behind the second (private) router would be able to see the devices behind the main router - the oposite would not be possible.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Creating a private wired and wireless network from ethernet cable
2024-03-13 10:23:17

@terziyski Thank You

WIll try with the Archer C6

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 138

Replies: 2

Related Articles