WiFi Extender - ethernet connection

2024-03-12 18:16:32 - last edited 2024-03-14 00:54:33

I have a good WiFi signal around the house (Vodafone WiFi 6E, Pro II ) but smart tv's Wifi is not working. I was looking for a device that can pick up the wifi signal from the router and connect the TV via ethernet cable, is this possible?

Thinking this will be an WiFi extender with a ethenet port(s) that can be used to share its WiFi signal?......more ports the better as may get another one for a TV, PS5 and Streamer

Seen this: AXE5400 Mesh Wi-Fi 6E Range Extender, but looks like the ethernet is input (i.e. from the router, not output into TV)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WiFi Extender - ethernet connection-Solution
2024-03-13 09:21:51 - last edited 2024-03-14 00:54:33

@jmuk 

When RE is in RE mode its ethernet port is used as output - i.e. you can use a plain network switch to split the traffic among several wired clients.

When RE is in AP mode its ethernet port is used as input to feed the traffic into the RE and use its wireless signal to extend wireless coverage further.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi Extender - ethernet connection-Solution
2024-03-13 09:21:51 - last edited 2024-03-14 00:54:33

@jmuk 

When RE is in RE mode its ethernet port is used as output - i.e. you can use a plain network switch to split the traffic among several wired clients.

When RE is in AP mode its ethernet port is used as input to feed the traffic into the RE and use its wireless signal to extend wireless coverage further.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options