tp-link ddns

tp-link ddns
tp-link ddns
2024-03-13 02:14:56
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v3/v4

Hello,

I recently tried to add my TP-Link DDNS host (jjdneves.tplinkdns.com) to my home NAS from Synology model DS916+ but was unsuccessful.
I contacted Synology and got this relpy:
"...

Thank you for contacting Synology Support.

According to your description, you would like to add the TP-link DDNS on DSM but failed.

To add the third-party DDNS provider on DSM, you need to get the query URL and fill in the variables to update it.

When we tried to search the TP-link's DDNS update URL, it seemed to not provide the related information online, you should contact the TP-link to see if they allow adding the DDNS on other devices, thank you.

Hope this helps and please let us know if further assistance is needed.
..."

Appreciate from your side any comments and help that you may provide.

Anticipated thanks.

Regards,

José Neves

Options
5 Reply
Re:tp-link ddns
2024-03-13 08:18:37

@jjdneves 

Synology uses some predefined DDNS providers like no-ip, dyndns, Synology itself, etc.:

When you try to add a custom DDNS provider like TP-Link DDNS you should use this guide (Setting up a Customized DDNS Provider).

To get this working, the URL should correspond to a particular format like it is described in the guide. Synology answer says that this in not the case.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-13 22:30:04

@terziyski 

Hello Terziysky,

Thanks for your reply.

As requested by Synology, will it be possible to obtain from TP-LINK the Query URL as defined by the attached photo?

Your help is much appreciated,

Regards,

José

Options
2024-03-13 23:10:12

@jjdneves 

I really don't know if the TP-Link support this URL format for updating its DDNS.

On the other hand why would you add this custom DDNS, while you can use it in your Archer C9 - that would suffice for Synology remote access.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-14 03:43:09

@terziyski 

Hello Terziyski,

You're probably right.
I used to have dyndns installed on both Synology and router. Since I'm going to discontinue Dyndns DDNS (which is paid), and Arcer do not have a setting for Synology DDNS, I was trying to apply TP-LINK DDNS to Synolog. That's all.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

José

Options
2024-03-14 07:42:05

@jjdneves 

I'm using no-ip which is still free. Both Synology and TP-Link support this DDNS provider.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 152

Replies: 5

Related Articles