Wireless in a Farm - AX73 (Mesh) with Wireless Bridge EAP215 with Outdoor AP EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless in a Farm - AX73 (Mesh) with Wireless Bridge EAP215 with Outdoor AP EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-13 19:17:03 - last edited 2024-03-25 11:41:20
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I´m upgrading a small internet/network system on a farm and I need help the following:

Inside the house, on letter A, i have an AX73 v2 router receiving the internet link and broadcasting the wifi signal in 360º. Simple solution right. After a while, this AX73 was connected with an ethernet cable to another AX73 in the position B, so I can have a wider and easier to use wifi range with a Mesh wifi (Ethernet Backhaul, but the wireless backhaul also works between A-B).

So, right now AX73 with AX73 with ethernet backhaul is working fine for a good wifi coverage in the area.

Now I need the internet signal to achieve position D (which is 315 meters away from position A), so I was planning on putting on position C (top of the roof, on a pipe) an EAP215-Bridge Kit linking to its pair on position D (D position would be on top of the roof too. If i need i can take some tree branches off). On position C the EAP215 would be connected with an ethernet cable to the main router AX73.

The main problem I am thinking about is this: on position D, there will the an EAP215-Bridge to receive the wireless signal from the other one on position C, lets say the connect is perfect, but, since I need to broadcast the wifi signal on position D too so people can connect its device to the wifi, I thought: hey, I can put the EAP215-Bridge on top of the roof on top of a pipe and use an Access Point like the EAP225-Outdoor since it is weather proof on the same pipe, just a little below. The question is: will the EAP215-Bridge have a problem with the EAP-225-Outdoor, since both can brodcast on the 5GHz, or they can work the channel without a problem and this solution is going to work fine?

I would like to only have consumer options for the EAPs, so all could be manageable with the same Tether app and all work with Mesh if possible, but this is the best relatively easy lower cost I can think to work with.

Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless in a Farm - AX73 (Mesh) with Wireless Bridge EAP215 with Outdoor AP EAP225
2024-03-14 08:26:51

Hi  @Rodrigo_Ipa 

EAP215 can work with EAP225 outdoor. However, if you put them on the same pipe, it is better to select different channels for better performance. It is important to note that both EAP215 and EAP225 outdoor can be managed by the Omada app, not the Tether app.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Wireless in a Farm - AX73 (Mesh) with Wireless Bridge EAP215 with Outdoor AP EAP225
2024-03-14 12:57:16

@Rodrigo_Ipa 

As above, and ideally you have some physical separation between the two (1m if you can) to improve overall performance.  Put the 215 at the top of the pipe.  The 225 just needs to be at least 2m above ground level and higher than any nearby obstacles.  Think of the 225 as a lightbulb, make sure it's positioned so any 'shadows' are small and unimportant areas.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 2

Related Articles