Changing Internet Provider for TP Link Mesh System in Access Point Mode

2024-03-15 15:11:31 - last edited 2024-03-18 08:43:09
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I currently have TP-link Deco M4 AC100 set-up as home mesh system with all nodes in "access point" mode. I.e. there is one node directly plugged into my internet providers' router with other nodes around the house connected.

I have just switched from one internet provide to another and hence now have a new router. How do I start from scratch by keeping all the TP-link devices creating a mesh system in access point mode but by changing the initial router they are supporting?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Changing Internet Provider for TP Link Mesh System in Access Point Mode-Solution
2024-03-15 15:48:13 - last edited 2024-03-18 08:43:09

@samclark24 

Usually, you do not need to start from scratch while replacing ISP Router, with Deco mesh in Access Point mode. I went through two ISP Routers while I had Deco mesh. Mine runs in AP mode.

This should be simple: just wire Main Deco to new ISP Router with Ethernet cable, power Main Deco on and it should connect. You should see it in Deco app as online, also Main Deco LED should show it is OK and connected. Same LED color as with previous ISP Router you have.

Then, power on Satellite Decos and you are done.

Also, do not forget to turn off WiFi from ISP Router. Your Deco mesh is providing WiFi signal.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing Internet Provider for TP Link Mesh System in Access Point Mode-Solution
2024-03-15 15:48:13 - last edited 2024-03-18 08:43:09

@samclark24 

Usually, you do not need to start from scratch while replacing ISP Router, with Deco mesh in Access Point mode. I went through two ISP Routers while I had Deco mesh. Mine runs in AP mode.

This should be simple: just wire Main Deco to new ISP Router with Ethernet cable, power Main Deco on and it should connect. You should see it in Deco app as online, also Main Deco LED should show it is OK and connected. Same LED color as with previous ISP Router you have.

Then, power on Satellite Decos and you are done.

Also, do not forget to turn off WiFi from ISP Router. Your Deco mesh is providing WiFi signal.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 730

Replies: 1

Related Articles