Question about home network structure (EasyMesh)

2024-03-16 13:37:09 - last edited 2024-03-16 13:40:25

Hi,

I starting to build my home network based on tp-link WiFi routers and I have some questions about possible connections between routers.

My first question is about the structure of the network itself (based on Ethernet Backhaul). Which variant will work?

ISP <--> ISP's modem/router (Ethernet) <--> Switch <--> tp-link satelite EasyMesh router 1
                                                ^
                                                |
                                                ------> tp-link satelite EasyMesh router 2

ISP <--> ISP's modem/router (Ethernet) <--> tp-link EasyMesh main router <--> tp-link satelite EasyMesh router 1
                                                ^
                                                |
                                                ------> tp-link satelite EasyMesh router 2

My second question is related to satellite routers (also connected using Ethernet Backhaul). Can I use unused Ethernet ports in satellte routers to connect i.e. PC, NAS or other Ethernet-based devices?

Thank you in advance.
Adam

Options
4 Reply
Re:Question about home network structure (EasyMesh)
2024-03-16 15:39:48 - last edited 2024-03-16 15:40:01

@adambed 

Ideally, the satellite routers should be connected diretcly to your main TP-Link Easymesh router.

Yes, you can use the satellite routers LAN ports for clients.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-16 16:45:53

@terziyski

Thank you for quick reply. 

Regarding question 1. Does it mean that I can use the same port in the main router for WAN and backhaul link for second router? Will it work with limited performance or it won't work at all?

Thanks

Adam

Options
2024-03-17 11:38:26

@adambed 

The ethernet connection should be like this: Main router LAN port <=> satellite router WAN port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-17 21:16:45

@terziyski 

OK, I understand it now. Thank you for answer.

Adam

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 4

Related Articles