Deco not changing WiFi channels

2024-03-17 10:49:27
Model: Deco XE75   Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I currently have a Deco XE75 as my main router and two Deco S4s all running the latest firmware. 

My problem is that they seem to be stuck on channel 36 which is also what my neighbours also seem to be on. 

The deco labs interference test says there's medium interference, but the network optimization test in the app says channel 36 is poor. WifiMan also says the same thing. 

Is there any reason it isn't changing channels? I've rebooted all the decos several times and ran the network optimization several times but it still stays on the congested network. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco not changing WiFi channels
2024-03-21 13:34:30

@ChrisYo94 

I have exact same problem with my X75

Network Optimization never changes channels,

I reported to them and got no reply.

Options
Re:Deco not changing WiFi channels
2024-03-21 14:35:36 - last edited 2024-03-21 14:46:06

@ChrisYo94 

You are supposed to see WiFi analyzer app WiFiman report WiFi interference/congestion on the channel occupied by Deco mesh, because all Deco units broadcast on that channel. They do it in the closest proximity to you, with the strongest signal.

Especially in places with little interference from other WiFi networks, all WiFi analyzer app sees is your network with multiple WiFi mesh units all using same WiFi channel. App makes a conclusion that this is the worst channel to be and suggests to change it.

You can't manually change WiFi channel in Deco mesh. If you could, the next time you run WiFi analyzer app it'll find that new channel you selected is now the most congested and will recommend to change it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 157

Replies: 2

Related Articles