XE75 Pro loses Internet Connect after scheduled reeboot

2024-03-18 09:10:01
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a weekly reboot scheduled on a Sunday night. Each Monday I wake up to no Internet connection. I set the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4. The strange thing is when I update the settings in the Internet Connection>Primary DNS>DNS Address> (set to manual) to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, after saving it goes back to IPv4 screen and I hit save again there it gives me a wait message then goes back to the Internet Connection page. At the top next to IPv4 Connection I get a spinning circle for about 20 seconds and then all the DNS settings are blank again.

Doesn't matter how many times I enter the settings they just disappear.

It is a BT broadband hub. Ethernet cables have been changed, system manually rebooted dozens of times.

Help before I return it please.

Options
7 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro loses Internet Connect after scheduled reeboot
2024-03-18 10:47:36

@Mikesb I had the exact same problem with my non-pro XE75 units. My only solution was to swap the ethernet cables from the fibre modem to a different socket on my main Deco and for whatever reason my connection started working again. Eventually my satellite units andsome of my clients also stopped working via their usual ethernet ports so I had to swap all my cables around to "fix" the issue. I ended up RMA'ing the whole system and the replacement seems to still be working a few months on.

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2024-03-18 12:20:53

@Wrayman 

Just tried factory resetting it but not looking good. Tried different ethernet ports/cables, you name it. Very strange that the DNS settings just vanish as it is saving them. The DNS settings are ok in the DCHP Server section. Probably going to have to return them which is really frustrating.

Options
2024-03-18 13:04:53

@Mikesb when you say a BT broadband hub do you mean the fibre connection coming directly into the property or do you mean the BT internet router supplying the ISP wifi? If you have an ISP router and both are operating as a router that could be your issue, either set the BT hub to act as router (but disable wifi and set Deco to AP mode) or completely remove the hub and set the Deco as a router and connect it directly to the fibre box. That is assuming you have FTTP connection though.

Can you tell us more about how your network is set up?

Options
2024-03-18 17:09:58

@Wrayman 

It's just regular BT broadband. We won't get fibre to the premises until hell freezes over in these parts!

I think it is the smart hub 2 and Deco is connected to the hub via a switch. Switch is operating as it should.

Deco is in Wifi router mode. Interestingly, was just in the app and the DNS settings were showing. They've just disappeared and there is a connecting black square now.

Options
2024-03-19 08:30:14

@Mikesb just to be 100% sure, is the BT hub set up in "modem only" mode? And if not, have you considered setting the BT hub as the router (still with wifi disabled) and setting the Deco mesh up in AP mode? 

Options
2024-03-19 08:55:45

@Wrayman 

I'll have a look at that later on as I'm not in the building right now. I'll report back :)

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Options
2024-03-20 19:52:21

@Wrayman 

Finally got it working. 2 resets and app reinstall and it is working. I had tried access point mode but that wouldn't work at all. Guess we'll see how it goes!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 174

Replies: 7

Related Articles