AXE5400 & vodafone Broadband Setup Help

2024-03-18 20:45:48 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AXE5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help. I am based in the UK and have my broadband with Vodafone. I have recently purchased the AXE5400 and trying to set it up, but with no luck.

My ISP (Vodafone) has advised me to setup using PPPoE and sent me a VLAN number of 911 along with a VPI and VCI number.

During setup I am presented with the following ma datory fields:

Internet VLAN ID

Priority

VoIP VLAN ID

Priority

IPTV VLAN ID

Priority

I have tried inputting the VLAN number of 911 in all 3 fields however, all 3 fields must be different and so will not let me proceed.

I have then tried inputting the 911 in just one of the fields, but something needs to be inserted into the other 2 fields otherwise I cannot proceed.

I have also tried adding a random number into the remaining 2 fields and although this will take me a step further and takes me to the main router settings, I still get no Internet.

Can some one please advise where I am going wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AXE5400 & vodafone Broadband Setup Help-Solution
2024-03-18 22:10:20 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Artful_Voyager 

If you have been provided a "VPI and VCI number" which would mean you're using a DSL service from your ISP.

That's probably the reason you don't have a internet service when you finished configuring your wireless router.

You probably need a DSL modem router to use the internet service from your ISP.

To be sure of that contact your ISP and tell them what device you're trying to connect to their network - they should advise you on that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:AXE5400 & vodafone Broadband Setup Help-Solution
2024-03-18 22:10:20 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Artful_Voyager 

If you have been provided a "VPI and VCI number" which would mean you're using a DSL service from your ISP.

That's probably the reason you don't have a internet service when you finished configuring your wireless router.

You probably need a DSL modem router to use the internet service from your ISP.

To be sure of that contact your ISP and tell them what device you're trying to connect to their network - they should advise you on that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AXE5400 & vodafone Broadband Setup Help
2024-03-19 03:49:41

@Artful_Voyager 

Archer AXE5400 is a wireless router, not a modem, please confirm if you connect it to your ISP modem via Ethernet cable. 

If so, check if your modem has been configured with the PPPoE etc and act as a modem and router, or your modem is in bridge mode.

You could also connect a computer to your ISP modem directly to see if internet works.

Options
Re:AXE5400 & vodafone Broadband Setup Help
2024-03-19 09:11:28

@Artful_Voyager 

Thank you both for your replies! I think that has cleared it up for me. It has been a while since I have had to purchase my own router as the ISPs I've used in the last 20+ years have all provided 'Modem Routers' and so in my ignorance, I had assumed all routers were now Modem Routers. :)

You've both been extremely helpful and very knowledgeable. Its a shame that I cant say the same for my ISP as they didn't have a clue.

Much appreciated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 3

Related Articles