Ethernet LAN Connection Is Not Working on TP-Link Routers?

2024-03-22 10:12:45

This Article Applies to: 

All TP-Link Routers

Phenomenon Description:

If you are experiencing issues with the Ethernet connection on your TP-Link router while the wireless connection is working fine, follow the troubleshooting suggestions below.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Check Ethernet Lights

• Verify if the Ethernet light on the router is lit up. If not, it indicates a potential problem with the Ethernet cable, LAN port on the router, or the Ethernet port on your wired client device.
  • Try using a different Ethernet cable, switch to another LAN port on the router, and test with a different wired client device.
  • For routers with a single indicator/LED, check if the device itself has detected the Ethernet connection.

2. Reboot Devices

• Reboot both your wired client device and the router. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.

3. Test with Another Device

• Connect another device to the router using the same Ethernet cable and port.
  • If the Internet works on the other device, the issue lies with the initial device. Contact the technical support of that device for assistance.

4. Check IP Configuration

• Ensure that the wired client device is set to obtain an IP address automatically.
    • For Windows: Go to the Network Connection Details page and verify that "DHCP enabled" is set to "Yes."
    • For Mac: Navigate to Network > Advanced and confirm that "Configure IPv4" is set to "Using DHCP."

If the above suggestions do not resolve the issue, please provide the following information for further investigation:

1. Detailed Description of the Issue:

• Specify whether all LAN ports are not working or if it's a specific port.
  • Indicate if the physical connection cannot be detected at all (Ethernet light off) or if the connection is detected but there is no internet access.

2. Screenshot of the IP Configuration:

• Capture a screenshot of the IP information on the device experiencing the issue.

3. Device Details:

• The brand name, model number, and operating system of your wired client device
  • The model number, hardware and firmware version of your TP-Link router.

4. Troubleshooting You've Done and Results

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet LAN Connection Is Not Working on TP-Link Routers?
2024-07-07 14:01:29

@Sunshine I recently tried to update the firmware on my TPlink Archer AXE75 router. The router quit working. At this time there is only the green power light blinking and all lights come on for just a moment and then it goes back to the blinking green power light. I am unable to reach the router through the ethernet connection between my computer and the router. It shows that no ethernet is connected when I plug in the ethernet cable.

Options
Re:Ethernet LAN Connection Is Not Working on TP-Link Routers?
Friday

@Sunshine The problem is that I bought this router, I can not find any reason for the ethernet ports to no be working. The fire cube connects for 30 seconds and then shuts off.

Options