Misleading product description

2024-03-22 21:01:05

I have a deco x60 , the product description says "Robust Parental Controls . Manage online time and block inappropriate content to keep families healthy online." But this requires an extra subscription at extra cost. This is misleading.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Misleading product description
2024-03-23 07:49:31

@samwardill What's the hardware version of your X60?

Are you talking about product description on the tp-link website, or the datasheet/user guide?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-03-23 09:48:42

@ImtiazAli I bought this one and the product description is the one on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08759W2P7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

I did report via Amazon and they have not yet updated. Also I bought this on the basis of a Misleading product description 

Options
2024-03-25 10:23:19

@samwardill Oftentimes third party sellers don't update the product page, and this is one of the examples

On tp-link website, it's mentioned that "HomeShield includes the Free Basic Plan. Fees apply for the Pro Plan".

Sorry you had to go through this experience

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-03-25 11:03:43

@ImtiazAli Amazon just use the description that is provided to them by TP Link. it is disingenuous to blame Amazon. 

It is hardly a "pro-plan" if you need to pay the subscription just to get the basic features that allow users to manage online time.

Are TP Link willing to provide the Manage "pro-plan" to me for free given the fact that I was mislead?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 4

Related Articles