EAP 610- Odd Behavior

EAP 610- Odd Behavior

EAP 610- Odd Behavior
EAP 610- Odd Behavior
2024-03-27 14:06:58
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1413

I have an EAP 610 with an ethernet connection to a BE800 router. I use it to setup/provide guest networks. I noticed this morning, I was unable to connect to one of its non-guest networks. I had a connection, but no Internet. I unplugged the EAP 610, plugged it back in and wven rebooted the router- all to no effect. I eventually  unplugged it, disconnected it from the router to check the MAC Address to see if it was being bliocked on the network- which it wasn't. I plugged the EAP 610 back in, reconnected it to the router and it now works properly. I also updated to the 3/2024 firmware.

I have never seen hardware perform in this way- and I have no explanation on why it failed and is now working. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP 610- Odd Behavior
2024-03-28 07:14:04

LJG5000 wrote

I have an EAP 610 with an ethernet connection to a BE800 router. I use it to setup/provide guest networks. I noticed this morning, I was unable to connect to one of its non-guest networks. I had a connection, but no Internet. I unplugged the EAP 610, plugged it back in and wven rebooted the router- all to no effect. I eventually  unplugged it, disconnected it from the router to check the MAC Address to see if it was being bliocked on the network- which it wasn't. I plugged the EAP 610 back in, reconnected it to the router and it now works properly. I also updated to the 3/2024 firmware.

I have never seen hardware perform in this way- and I have no explanation on why it failed and is now working. 

Hi @LJG5000 

Do you mean you were still able to connect to that SSID without Internet connection? What about the IP address? Did you still get the IP address?

When we found the WiFi connection issue, we need to identify the issue was related to the EAP itself, the connection between the EAP and router, or the Internet connection. We can test whether we can PING EAP, or PING router to test.

You can share further information if you still suffer the same issue.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP 610- Odd Behavior
2024-03-28 14:48:32

@LJG5000 

For the EAP,  DNS is handled by the router. At the point I identified the issue, the EAP device was seen by the router, but there was no connection to the Internet when logged into any of the EAP wireless networks.  As a result, I couldn't go into the EAP configuration web interface when logged into the non-guest EAP networks. There was no obvious indication the 610 was being blocked by the router. 

That it took at least three power on/off cycles to address this issue- without any configuration change on the router or EAP - with the final one being for an extended period, suggests hardware issues on the EAP or perhaps some type of ghost setting on the router from a previous configuration. 

On BE800, I use a VPN client for devices connected through the EAP guest networks. However, I don t see how this could have caused the issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 111

Replies: 2

Related Articles