Archer C6 managing repeater settings in EasyMesh mode

2024-03-28 04:28:36 - last edited 2024-03-29 03:43:32
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824

Well, actually the question is in the title.

I took two Archer C6 V4, updated the firmware to the latest, first configured EasyMesh via WiFi, then switched the back-end channel to ETHERNET, manually configured the width and channel number of 2.4 and 5 GHz on the main router, the IP that the repeater received was immediately thrown into the DHCP reservation , and after all these manipulations I wanted to go into the interface of the satellite (or repeater) using a given IP so that I could change the channel number and width on both bands... and when I try to log in, nothing opens (
The repeater has cloned the channel width and number settings from the main router Well, as I understand it, if I change these parameters on the main router, the satellite will also change these settings accordingly.

Do I understand correctly that managing additional devices in mesh mode is not available? And if so, are there any plans to add similar features?
It’s just that in kinetics, for example, in the Wifi mode of the system, you can go to the web interface of the repeaters in order, in particular, to change the number and width of wifi channels

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 managing repeater settings in EasyMesh mode-Solution
2024-03-28 05:36:16 - last edited 2024-03-29 03:43:32

@Godlike66 

Yes, you got that correct. Once the repeater is added to the Easymesh it would copy the main router wireless settings.

RE web management is not available when it's connected in Easymesh with the main router. I suspect that you're using RE315 correct ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 managing repeater settings in EasyMesh mode-Solution
2024-03-28 05:36:16 - last edited 2024-03-29 03:43:32

@Godlike66 

Yes, you got that correct. Once the repeater is added to the Easymesh it would copy the main router wireless settings.

RE web management is not available when it's connected in Easymesh with the main router. I suspect that you're using RE315 correct ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C6 managing repeater settings in EasyMesh mode
2024-03-28 10:01:06

terziyski wrote

@Godlike66 

I suspect that you're using RE315 correct ?

No, the repeater function is performed by the second Archer C6 V4 router with identical firmware

Options
Re:Archer C6 managing repeater settings in EasyMesh mode
2024-03-28 13:33:27

@Godlike66 

My bad, you wrote that you bought 2x Archer C6 v4 in the beginning - it's just the term "repeater" misled me.

Same goes for every other sattelite router in Easymesh. I believe that in some models a certain parameters can be changed through the main router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 560

Replies: 3

Related Articles