Wired connection works after 45 plus minutes

2024-03-31 02:31:22 - last edited 2024-04-27 23:52:01
Tags: #Ports stops working
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.9 Build 20231222 Rel. 77579

I have a desktop that is wired directly to the router to obtain the best speed from the router via my ISP. I noticed after a few months of purchasing my XE75 and applying firmware updates as they are available from TP-Link, my desktop connects via WiFi first and sees my wired LAN connection either as an unidentified network but no internet connection.

I have already replaced my ethernet cables and rebooted my router, my ISP connection, and all my satellites and the problem still persists. Thinking my NIC drivers were problematic, I reinstalled them with no success. I also have a separate drive with a clean install running Windows 11 and it too is having the same issue. My motherboard has two NICs (one Intel and the other Realtek) and both fail.

My workaround is to wait for about 45 minutes, disable my NIC  and re-enable it after which my LAN connection is detected and connected.

I have also tried connecting a laptop with a USB NIC and it too is having the same issue thus ruling any desktop hardware that could be causing the issue. When I connect directly to my ISP box, my desktop has no problems detecting the wired connection. Could this be some Windows 10 or Windows 11 update adding to the problem or is my TP-Link router refusing to "negotiate" the connection using my ethernet cable thus defaulting to WiFi upon start up.

Not a big issue but annoying nonetheless and wondering if anyone else is having similar issues. My XE75 was purchased about 6 months ago and the problem has persisted for about four months now.

UPDATE April 27, 2024 - Now my port 1 is not working which connects to my internet modem. I noticed the connection icon on my Windows desktop showing disconnected followed by the red light on my main unit (other satellites were red as well). When I moved the network cable to port 2 (the one I was using for my desktop), my Deco's came back online and all were showing the green LEDs.

To test port one again, I moved my network cable that was connected to my desktop to port one and it continues to show disconnected. Moved the cable to port 3 just in case but reconfirmed it still does not work as mentioned earlier in my troubleshooting. I believe I am running the latest firmware on my main unit and satellites (1.3.2 Build 20240119 Rel. 39178) but the prior firmware had the same issue. 

Since other owners are having similar issues, going to swap one of my satellites to become the main router. From a wireless backhaul perspective, the mesh should continue to work. If I experience the same port issue by swapping the Deco's,  a warranty/RMA appears to be coming in the near future.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wired connection works after 45 plus minutes
2024-03-31 06:19:08

@Changr, have you tried changing the port on the XE75? If you have it switched to port 1, it may have stopped working properly as others have reported (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/search?keyword=xe75%20port%20not%20working).

Options
Re:Wired connection works after 45 plus minutes
2024-03-31 15:17:18

@tekvsakdan  Thank you for the link as I may be having the same issue as reported by others. Symptoms appear to be similar but it could be port 3 on my XE75 that is problematic. 

Right now, directly connected to port 2 and rebooted my desktop a few times and the LAN/wired connection is detected right away. Going to monitor this for a few days as well as swap my Deco's around to see if I can replicate the issue with my other units that are currently functioning as satellites

Since it is still under warranty, I guess I can follow up with TP-Link's technical support later but not looking forward if I need to send all three units back for repair/replacement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 2

Tags

Ports stops working
Related Articles