Vigi camera completely out of focus

2024-04-02 05:05:07
Model: VIGI C240I  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0

Hi, have just purchased Vigi C240I and have managed to get an image out of it but the image is very out of focus, in both normal and IR mode. I understand that these cameras are fixed focus, does this mean it has come from the factory with an issue or is there a way of fixing? Firmware is latest, brand new straight out of the box, no evidence of knocks or damage.

Image attached

File:
VIGI C240I_C9-4A_20240402_17.48.08.481.JPGDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Vigi camera completely out of focus
2024-04-03 09:03:37

Hi @nzben 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Has it worked ever since you bought it? I mean it is like this out of the box after you set it up? If yes, that may be a hardware issue.

But I'd like to know if you have changed its zoom-in related feature?

Is it too close to an object? How far is it from the object you are watching in the live view?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-09 07:35:51

Hi @nzben 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Would like to follow this case up. Please let me know if this is resolved or not.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-09 08:13:42

@Clive_A Hi, it was like this straight out of the box. There is no zoom it, its fixed lens fixed focus. I discovered that if I held my finger more or less right on the lens it was sharp there, and I could see my fingerprint in fine detail, but anything past a 5-10mm from the lens was out of focus, whcih leads me to believe the hardware was set incorrectly from the factory.

I took the unit back to the reseller and after some resistance they credited the purchase price, but unfortunately didnt have any more stock to replace that model

BR

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 3

Related Articles