IPTV(IGMP/IP Multicast) control on BE805 with AP mode

2024-04-03 00:51:02 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE805  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240318 rel.63271(4A50)

Hello, thank you for your help.

This machine arrived on March 30, 2024.
The same situation persists even after updating the firmware.

At my house, we use a separate router to configure the local subnet.
I'm watching IPTV (Hikari TV).
I am using this unit in AP mode, but when I start it up, I cannot watch IPTV.

We believe that the cause is that when the machine (BE805) starts up in AP mode, IGMP/IP Multicast control packets are sent, stopping the distribution of IP Multicast packets on the local subnet.

I have not changed any settings on the IPTV set-top box or router, and when I start up this unit (BE805), the set-top box is working normally, but only the video stops and the screen changes to a black screen. I'll put it away.

Is it possible to change it so that this control is not performed in AP mode?

Best Regard.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IPTV(IGMP/IP Multicast) control on BE805 with AP mode-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Hello,

I found the cause through my own research.
The cause was incorrect internet settings.
As I mentioned last time, I have a main router in my house, so I have to choose between a ``dynamic IP'' or a ``restricted IP'' for Internet connection. (IPTV/VLAN)" setting, multicast packets seem to be restricted when set to AP mode.

In Wi-Fi router mode, I don't know why Mado cast packets are not restricted even if "Bridge" is selected, but the above control is only applied when set to AP mode, so I don't know why. did.

In the first place, after entering AP mode, these (IPTV/VLAN) setting items are hidden and cannot be changed.

I think there are too many menu differences between Wi-Fi router mode and AP mode.

I felt distrustful of BE805, but I found the cause and resolved it for now.

Thank you for your continued support.

thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:IPTV(IGMP/IP Multicast) control on BE805 with AP mode
2024-04-03 09:13:49

@momopoem 

Hi, please provide complete network topology, the IPTV is connected to LAN port of your main router, right?

Please refer to the Case 1 to ensure the BE805 is configured correctly in AP mode and ensure the DHCP is disabled on BE805: How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

By the way, internet access is still working fine on both main router and access point, right?

Options
2024-04-06 04:56:33

@Sunshine 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the hikari TV set-top box is connected to the 1GbE LAN port of the main router.
The 10GbE LAN port of the main router is connected to the WAN 10GbE port of BE805.

In other words, the BE805 is connected to a port different from the port on which the main router is distributing IP Multicast, and as long as the BE805 is not turned on, you can watch Hikari TV and access the Internet without any problems. .

However, when I turn on the BE805 set to AP mode and it becomes operational, the Hikari TV screen turns black.
Regarding the Internet, it is still accessible.

Since BE805 is set to AP mode by default, the DHCP server is disabled.
By the way, BE805 is a complete wireless LAN server, and nothing is connected to the LAN port.

In BE805's AP mode, the menu is completely restricted and you cannot see the IPTV/VLAN menu.

I've owned many wireless routers, but I've never seen one run in AP mode and affect the main network.

This is useless, so
Is it possible to change the control at startup of BE805?

Best Regards.

/momopoem@home

Options
2024-04-07 05:56:38

@momopoem 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
Re:IPTV(IGMP/IP Multicast) control on BE805 with AP mode-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Hello,

As I mentioned last time, I have a main router in my house, so I have to choose between a ``dynamic IP'' or a ``restricted IP'' for Internet connection. (IPTV/VLAN)" setting, multicast packets seem to be restricted when set to AP mode.

In Wi-Fi router mode, I don't know why Mado cast packets are not restricted even if "Bridge" is selected, but the above control is only applied when set to AP mode, so I don't know why. did.

In the first place, after entering AP mode, these (IPTV/VLAN) setting items are hidden and cannot be changed.

I think there are too many menu differences between Wi-Fi router mode and AP mode.

thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

momopoem wrote

@Sunshine 

Hello,

thank you very much.

Best Regards.

@momopoem 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that you've resolved the issue finally.

Do you mean you changed BE805 back to Wireless Router mode, then change its WAN connection type to Dynamic IP, then change it to AP mode again to solve the issue?

Options
Wednesday

@Sunshine

Hello.

I received an email from a technician.

I've been busy with work and haven't been able to reply, but

This time, we responded via email to report the situation.

The engineer is on vacation until May 5th, and I received a reply that he is away.

I have reported the situation, so I hope you will check it.

Just to add a note, BE805 seems to control multicast distribution in AP mode and EasyMesh agent mode, which causes the upper router's multicast distribution to stop.

When you change to AP mode or EasyMesh agent mode, the menu disappears and you can no longer make adjustments, but the disappeared menu's ``IGMP proxy'' and ``IGMP snooping'' are forcibly turned on, resulting in This may affect the upper level network of the bridge destination.

Why this is the case may have something to do with the circumstances in Japan, but at least other manufacturers' routers are properly adjusted in this regard. Only BE805 of TP-Link will affect the upper network. For example, we have confirmed that this phenomenon does not occur with ASUS RT-AX89X.

I would like you to correct the phenomenon that is causing this as soon as possible.

Otherwise, it will not be able to sell in Japan.

I hope that you will respond sincerely.

Best Regards.
/momopoem

Options