Problem with Zoom Videos & LG Youtube App

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have 4 X50s in my house. I use it in router mode and all devices are connected with a cable to main device. (Backhaul) 

Recently, Zoom videos have started to get freeze, both mine and other participants' videos. I made some changes in the zoom settings but it did not solve it. And the Youtube app on my LG TV also lags. 

Whenever I did a speed test, I saw 500mbps, so there is no problem with the general internet speed.

Then I thought that maybe there might be a problem because I was in WIFI , and I decided to connect both my computer and the television to the internet via cable.

Now I see 900Mbps in my computer but still the videos are freezing. 

Can you please help me?

If I change my set up to access point mode, would it help? Again no issue with speed when I check but I don't know why I experience this. Maybe latency is quite high.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with Zoom Videos & LG Youtube App
3 weeks ago

@CemCan 

Changing Deco mesh to run in Access Point may or may not fix the issue, but it is the recommended first step in dealing with issues of that kind. You should configure Deco mesh to run in AP mode.

You said all Satellite Deco, computer and TV are connected to the Internet with the cable. It is an ideal setup, and in AP mode Deco units will become not much more than Ethernet switches to your TV and PC. In most cases that setup with AP mode does fix the issues with lags and freeze, if not - reply here and we can discuss other options.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 1

Related Articles