Trouble sonce changing ISP

2024-04-07 15:15:50
Model: Deco   Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

Hey.  Long time Deco mesh system user and everything has worked well.  I upgraded my Internet speed with BT and the speed test showed it was super fast.  

However..  I've since change supplier to sky.  I've got 900mbs Internet speed, however the speed test doesn't show anything like this.  The speed test shows about 160.

I had my router plugged into a switch, and then the switch passes to main deco and other switches around the house which connect the tv network etc.. anothe deco hard wired from a switch and some others on a wireless creating full coverage of a large house.

As I say.. all was well until switching to sky.

I've since changed things around and moved the router directly to main deco, and thrn fed thr main deco to the switches etc.  The speed remained at 160mbs.

I was running in access point mode.  If I switch to default WiFi router mode, and do a speed test.. I get the speed test come back at 900mbs.. however, the wifi seems slow and apps never even get to splash pages alot of the time seeming locking up or freezing.  If I switch wifi off my phone then the apps start instantly...  not sure why this is..?  

I'd like to either have some confidence that the speed is where it should be (like it always read when I was with BT with the exact same set up) or know how I can get wifi mode to work more seamlessly.  I read it might be to do with the router needing to be switched off from omitting wifi or maybe the sky Q boxes need switching off from wifi but I've tried this and sisnt seem to impact it.  Any experience or help would be greatly recieved.

Many thanks 

Richard 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 44

Replies: 0

Related Articles