Telephone connection via FTTP

2024-04-12 16:03:36
Tags: #VoIP
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(4555)

Hi everyone,

I will shortly be switching my broadband service from copper to fibre (FTTP) and plan to use my existing TP-Link Archer C6 router for internet/ethernet/wi-fi by connecting the WAN port directly to the incoming fibre outlet (OTN).

However, my landline will no longer work as it currently connects via the BT master socket and this will stop working when I switch over to fibre.

So, I now need to connect my phone through my router but my Archer C6 does not have any telephone ports, just ethernet. Also, my phone is in a different part of the house from my router.

Would a solution be to use a plug-in Digital Voice Adapter (DVA) to connect the phone over wi-fi?

Is there a DVA that will work with my router? The DVAs I've seen so far only appear to work with BT hubs.

Thanks,

Alfie 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Telephone connection via FTTP
2024-04-12 17:45:07

@AlfieJ 

If you with BT for digital voice then i think you can only plug your phone into the phone socket on the back of the BT hub. Digital voice will not work if plugged directly into the C6, even with an adaptor.

So your setup would have to be: ONT--BTHub--C6

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 1

Tags

VoIP
Related Articles