Which Deco should be Main Deco?

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I currently have a set of 5 Deco S7's. I am planning on obtaining another Deco, but this time round a Deco X10. Should I make the X10 the "Main" deco, and will I be able to use the Homecare functionalities on the S7's as well?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Which Deco should be Main Deco?-Solution

@Jibarnard 

The X10 AFAIK, has no homecare/shield on it, but no harm trying to set the X10 as a main.

You can always add the X10 as a node, and then set it later as a main through the options that will automatically migrate and mimic all the settings as your previous main node.

If it doesn't works or perform up to your expectation, you could always revert it back by setting the S7 node as your main.

If it still does not perform to your liking, you can always sell it off cheaply at a dirt cheap rate and then rate them 1 star at where you bought them from to prevent further users from falling into your same demise. and then start coming to the forums and write scathing reviews about their services.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Which Deco should be Main Deco?-Solution

@Jibarnard 

The X10 AFAIK, has no homecare/shield on it, but no harm trying to set the X10 as a main.

You can always add the X10 as a node, and then set it later as a main through the options that will automatically migrate and mimic all the settings as your previous main node.

If it doesn't works or perform up to your expectation, you could always revert it back by setting the S7 node as your main.

If it still does not perform to your liking, you can always sell it off cheaply at a dirt cheap rate and then rate them 1 star at where you bought them from to prevent further users from falling into your same demise. and then start coming to the forums and write scathing reviews about their services.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Which Deco should be Main Deco?
2 weeks ago

@Omochao thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it!. So no real advantage then in adding a X10 (from a software perspective) then compared to adding just another S7 😄

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 2

Related Articles