ER605 won't connect

ER605 won't connect

ER605 won't connect
ER605 won't connect
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I have the ER605 set up on my desk in a standalone with a 192.168.30.1 LAN and DHCP client on the WAN side fed into my home router. I dont get any connection. I know I am missing something but not sure what it is. Thanks, Larry

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 won't connect-Solution

Hi @Larry_C-84 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What is the IP you get from the WAN on ER605? If it is a private IP address, just make sure your LAN does not overlap the IP with the WAN.

Then it should work straightly without any special config.

If it is a modem-router, turn it into the bridge mode, leave it off power for 5 to 10 minutes, and boot it up with ER605 plug-in properly. It should also work if your WAN Connection is a dynamic IP.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:ER605 won't connect-Solution

Hi @Larry_C-84 

What is the IP you get from the WAN on ER605? If it is a private IP address, just make sure your LAN does not overlap the IP with the WAN.

Then it should work straightly without any special config.

If it is a modem-router, turn it into the bridge mode, leave it off power for 5 to 10 minutes, and boot it up with ER605 plug-in properly. It should also work if your WAN Connection is a dynamic IP.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 won't connect
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A

Right now the ER605 doesn't get an IP address from my home router. A laptop plugged into the same cable does get an address and connects to the internet. The ER 605 doesn't seem to send the same request or doesn't act on the response. We are contemplating converting from Ubiquity products to TP-Link because Ubiquity new products no longer have a stand alone mode. This for a network with more that 600 active users.Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is no ISP modem involved.  

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @Larry_C-84 

Larry_C-84 wrote

@Clive_A

Right now the ER605 doesn't get an IP address from my home router. A laptop plugged into the same cable does get an address and connects to the internet. The ER 605 doesn't seem to send the same request or doesn't act on the response. We are contemplating converting from Ubiquity products to TP-Link because Ubiquity new products no longer have a stand alone mode. This for a network with more that 600 active users.Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is no ISP modem involved.  

This information is not enough for me to troubleshoot. Please see the KB and get more details from me and others on the forum.

Or just ring the technical support and walk through this.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Larry_C-84 

Did not find anything in the knowledge base that would help. Should be simple for the router to find the DHCP server and get an address but it doesn't happen. The same cable pluggged into a laptop works fine.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Larry_C-84 

Can I suggest you post your WAN configuration details so we can see if we can spot any likely problems

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@MisterW 

OK , I have the ER605 set up on my desk in stand alone method..An ethernet cable goes from my HP EliteDesk computer to port 5 of the router. The Elite computer will allow me to access the built in GUI in the ER605. Port 1 of the router goes to my home router where it should grab an address in the 192.168.182.100 range. But it doesn't grab an address and the log says that the home router did not respond. 

If I plug my laptop into the same ethernet cable it gets an address and access to the internet.

I am buffaloed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 175

Replies: 6

Related Articles