Wireguard Failing AX72 Pro

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX72 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230831 rel.64410(5553)

I bought this router because it advertised Wireguard support. I was able to connect once or twice, but never beyond getting a basic connection appearing in the admin page. I was hoping to access my network but altering the allowed ip's didn't seem to help. I have a very simple network. I run DNS off of a pihole, the tp-link router handles everything else. I turn on the wireguard feature following your documentation. The connection appears successful once or twice then fails consistentaly after that. I will try to change allowed ip's and there is no luck getting a handshake to happen. 

I reverted to this older firmware after running the newest firmware with no luck. Again, I was able to make a single connection and then it failed continually. Would very much be happy to switch to something that actually works. I was also incredibly annoyed to find that you have two different products, maybe more, that use the AX5400 title, so I was quite misled by Amazon store about thinking this would work for Wireguard. I would have saved myself a lot of time by buying a different product from a different vendor or setting up my own WG solution from the get go instead of hoping for a plug and play experience. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireguard Failing AX72 Pro
3 weeks ago

@robrage 

Hi, upon checking, your ticket was escalated to senior engineer before, did you receive the email from the senior engineer? 

It is recommended to continue troubleshooting with the senior engineer to locate and solve the issue more effectively.

In addition, some users might be confused about the Model no. of TP-Link device. For example, the Archer AX72 Pro is a specific model that belongs to the AX5400 series, indicating the maximum wireless link speed supported in all bands (5 GHz: 4804 Mbps and 2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps with 802.11ax technology). It's important to note that multiple routers may share the same maximum wireless link speed, such as Archer AX73, Archer AX72, and Archer AX72 Pro, but they are distinct models.

To identify the real model of your TP-Link device, you can refer to the product label or sticker attached to the router itself. The label usually contains specific information such as the model number.

For the titles in Amazon Stores, they might use product descriptions as titles but Model No. is usually included as well such as this one:

\

Options