Intermittent speed issues

2 weeks ago
Tags: #Speed issues
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20211219 Rel. 67401 (EU)

I'm having intermittent speed issues which seem to happen at the same time as these messages appear in the log:

2024-04-13 15:57:37 locale[6519]: <6> 283051 Language is changed to 'en_US'
2024-04-13 15:57:37 locale[6519]: <7> 283002 Explorer language is 'en_GB'
2024-04-13 15:57:27 locale[6381]: <6> 283051 Language is changed to 'en_US'
2024-04-13 15:57:27 locale[6381]: <7> 283002 Explorer language is 'en_GB'
2024-04-13 15:57:27 locale[6358]: <6> 283051 Language is changed to 'en_US'
2024-04-13 15:57:27 locale[6358]: <7> 283002 Explorer language is 'en_GB'

Has anyone else seen these ?

I've rebooted, powered off and on etc. This is affecting all devices on ethernet or WiFi at the same time.

Thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:Intermittent speed issues
2 weeks ago

@splashscuba 

These logs are not very informative and they look like the WebGUI language has been changed a few times:

Upon restart these lines should disappear from the router logs.

Probably would be best to give some more details on these intermittent issues.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski I've been running speedtests during these issues and although the download speed seems OK, upload speeds are terrible. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@splashscuba 

I would contact the ISP and ask them to check the connection from their side.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski Already tried that. They sent an engineer and all is fine. I'm running their router in modem mode and all the stats on that device are fine.

Options
2 weeks ago

@splashscuba 

Replacing the cable between the ISP modem and AC1200 sometimes helps when it causes any issues.

What else you could try is to connect a PC directly to the ISP modem and test the ISP modem connection stability.

In order to do that you have to configure the (PPPoE ?) session manually on your PC and establish this connection - details.

Options
a week ago

@splashscuba What steps can be taken to troubleshoot and improve the stability of the internet connection when using a router in modem mode?

https://battleshipgame.io
Options
a week ago

@terziyski Sound advice, but I suspect the problem is with the router as whenever the problem appears, I get the messages indicated in my OP and never any other time.

Options
a week ago

@johnsa3 There's no issue with the ISP provided router (in modem mode) as I've checked the logs and they are clean. I only get the problem with the router as indicated in my OP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 184

Replies: 8

Tags

Speed issues
Related Articles