can't connect to the modem

2024-04-15 02:44:40
Model: Archer AX72 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I hooked up the AX72 pro to the modem and can't access the internet. Called the ISP and they flushed the modem. Put my old router back in and I can connect to internet. What is wrong?

Options
2 Reply
Re:can't connect to the modem
2024-04-15 09:01:22 - last edited 2024-04-15 09:16:33

@Sampubre 

Did you copy all WAN (Internet) port settings from your old router to the WAN (internet) port settings of the AX72 Pro ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:can't connect to the modem
2024-04-16 02:39:22

@Sampubre 

Hi, Thanks for posting question on our community.

If no network access with your router, you may try the following troubleshooting.

Orange/Red Internet light on the router:

1. Unplug your router from the modem, connect your PC directly into the modem to verify the Internet status of your ISP.

2. Reboot the ISP Modem and the Router, you must firstly power on the Router, once the router's fully powered on, power on the modem.

3. Login to the web UI via http://tplinkwifi.net and set it up following the Quick Setup.

4. If your PC has Internet when connected to the modem, but the Router still doesn't, please go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Mac Clone to clone the mac address of your PC. This FAQ contains detailed instructions of Mac Clone: How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router?

Green Internet light on the router:

1. Login to the web management interface of the router (http://tplinkwifi.net), go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Advanced Settings > Change the DNS Servers into 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

2. Reboot the ISP Modem and the Router, you must firstly power on the Router, once the router's fully powered on, power on the modem.

You may check more detailed instructions following the FAQ: What should I do if I cannot access the internet through Wi-Fi router?

Still having issues? Please contact us again with the results of the above troubleshooting steps. You may also provide us with more details so that we can help you more efficiently.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 2

Related Articles