Suddenly block website

Suddenly block website
Suddenly block website
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871

Hi Expert,

I having a issue. Not really sure which one that actually causing it.

Last week suddenly internet went really slow and checking then decided to restart the router. After then everything when smooth exceprt there are certain website we are unable to access.

For example off!ce.c0m website (see attachemnt). Last time it also blocked the tplink forum. Then I dedcided to change the dns to 1.1.1.1 after it work but only the tplink forum website. off!ce.c0m website still blocked.

I have check the restrictiong on the router nothing seem to be blocked. I try ussing my mobile hotspot that connecected to my laptop and I manage to access the off!ce.c0m website.

I have talk to the ISP seem not from their side.

Any of you have any suggesstion how to fix this issue. We are currently using the office product like teams which totally blocked us from access.

Appreciate if you can help me.

Thanks.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Suddenly block website-Solution

Hi @AmirulRahman 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This has nothing to do with the router.

You probably want to avoid repeat requests to the MS and office domains.

Looks like your repeated requests triggered their DDOS defense. I think ISP cannot fix it either unless you change your IP address because your IP address has been marked in the MS web system.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @AmirulRahman 

AmirulRahman wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

https://www.tp-link.com/fi/support/faq/3023/

I did saw the url that suggested to change the mac address. Will it work on my settings ?

I can't really change the ip as most of our system connected using the ip.

MAC address usually does not matter. Because it is their servers have recorded and marked your IP as a thread and you should stop visiting their websites rapidly in a short time.

If this persists after a day, you might need to contact your ISP to change the IP as it seems to be the IP is blocked for a short term.

Note that every website, or network provider, e.g. from Netflix to Cloudflare, maintains a list of IP addresses that are marked as shared by many people(because of VPN), or potentially dangerous, so, if you request so rapidly in a short time, triggering the DDOS defense, that might put your IP into the blocklist. You have to contact their support to appeal for that.

Like written previously, there is nothing we can do or the router can do to make amends for this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply

Hi @AmirulRahman 

This has nothing to do with the router.

You probably want to avoid repeat requests to the MS and office domains.

Looks like your repeated requests triggered their DDOS defense. I think ISP cannot fix it either unless you change your IP address because your IP address has been marked in the MS web system.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Suddenly block website

Hi @Clive_A 

I did saw the url that suggested to change the mac address. Will it work on my settings ?

Options

Hi @AmirulRahman 

AmirulRahman wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

MAC address usually does not matter. Because it is their servers have recorded and marked your IP as a thread and you should stop visiting their websites rapidly in a short time.

If this persists after a day, you might need to contact your ISP to change the IP as it seems to be the IP is blocked for a short term.

Note that every website, or network provider, e.g. from Netflix to Cloudflare, maintains a list of IP addresses that are marked as shared by many people(because of VPN), or potentially dangerous, so, if you request so rapidly in a short time, triggering the DDOS defense, that might put your IP into the blocklist. You have to contact their support to appeal for that.

Like written previously, there is nothing we can do or the router can do to make amends for this.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 3

Related Articles