AX55 hangs

AX55 hangs

AX55 hangs
AX55 hangs
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(4A50)

I bought this router about 2 years ago and since some time ago (unfortunately I'm not sure since when) the routers sometimes becomes un-operational - the Internet connection drops, the LAN connections also don't work, the web portal doesn't load anymore, but the router still responds to pings. This happens sometimes, and the only thing that helps is to power cycle the router. I can't seem to make any connection as to what might be causing this. Any logs from before this seem to be gone after it boots up again but the configuration stays intact as far as I can tell. One thing I noticed today when it happened again is that the time resets to 0 (UNIX timestamp) and recovers in two phases:

2024-04-22 16:04:29 Led Controller INFO [1111] Start to run WAN1_ON

2024-04-22 16:04:29 Led Controller INFO [1111] Start to run WAN0_OFF

2024-04-22 16:04:29 Led Controller INFO [1111] Start to run LAN_ON

2024-04-22 16:04:10 Led Controller INFO [1111] Start to run NIGHT

2024-04-22 16:04:10 Led Controller INFO [1111] Start to run NIGHT

2023-11-30 00:02:33 UPnP INFO [20504] Service start

2023-11-30 00:02:33 UPnP INFO [20504] Service stop

2023-11-30 00:00:00 Time Settings INFO [1280] Service start

1970-01-01 00:00:33 Led Controller INFO [1111] Start to run STATUS_SAN

1970-01-01 00:00:32 Led Controller INFO [1111] Service start

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX55 hangs-Solution

@mouuro 

Don't worry about that - check this post. This already has been tested on AX55 v1. You can start with that first.

If the issue persists, I would recommend to make a configuration backup before attempting a factory reset.

You can configure only basic settings and test the AX55 behavior. If everything's OK, do a configuration restore and test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:AX55 hangs
a week ago

@mouuro 

Have you tried to reset the router to its factory defaults, re-configure from scratch and test if there's any difference.

You can also try the latest stable FW release v1.3.1 from this link and check if there's an improvement.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski I haven't tried factory reset yet, and re-configuring from scratch would be a huge pain because I don't remember everything that I did, and have a lot settings especially DHCP reservations in place. Do you think restoring from configuration backup instead of manually could potentially help as well?

Also my update firmware page shows "Firmware is up to date." after checking for updates. It seems that this new version is only available on the Taiwan site, and the site itself states to use only firmware from the region that the device has been bought in and mine wasn't bought in Taiwan.

My device is barely out of warranty so I don't care about voiding it anymore, just cautious about potentially bricking it, but I can't wrap my head around why would such notice be there given that the firmware file is exactly the same across those different sites for the previous version.

Options
Re:AX55 hangs-Solution

@mouuro 

Don't worry about that - check this post. This already has been tested on AX55 v1. You can start with that first.

If the issue persists, I would recommend to make a configuration backup before attempting a factory reset.

You can configure only basic settings and test the AX55 behavior. If everything's OK, do a configuration restore and test again.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

I've updated the firmware without any problems and will see if this happens again, but since this issue was not happening very often in the first place let's consider this solved until that then.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 111

Replies: 4

Related Articles