About access point mode

About access point mode

About access point mode
About access point mode
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 build 20231130

Hi. I want to know that I just connect ax55 (to use it as AP) to original wireless router that I use by connect lan(zyxel) to wan(tplink ax55) and set new ssid without set it into AP mode and it's work( I think it auto turn itself to AP). So, Is it correct to just connect it without setting AP? Or I should do as user guide said. Is it will lose some function?

thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:About access point mode-Solution

@Augratin 

Here's the difference between router mode and AP mode.

If you leave AX55 in router mode in this configuration, it will work but will introduce a double NAT in your network.

If that's not a concern for you, leave it that way. If it is, just switch to AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:About access point mode-Solution

@Augratin 

Here's the difference between router mode and AP mode.

If you leave AX55 in router mode in this configuration, it will work but will introduce a double NAT in your network.

If that's not a concern for you, leave it that way. If it is, just switch to AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:About access point mode
Monday
So I think i should set it to AP. Thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 2

Related Articles