usb modem like wan interface

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Hi!

I am using a tplink er605 v2 router with an usb modem. The usb modem is the only internet source in the router.
I would like to use an IPsec tunnel, but when I try to add one, in the "WAN:" options I cannot choose the USB Modem interface and without a WAN option, I cannot save the settings.

I cannot use any VPN tunnel without using WAN interface!

Any idea?

Thank you,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:usb modem like wan interface-Solution

Hi @Bertal 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You may misunderstand the feature.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:usb modem like wan interface-Solution

Hi @Bertal 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You may misunderstand the feature.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 86

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.