Disable WPS

Disable WPS

Disable WPS
Disable WPS
2 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the WPS on the router as WPS can get you hacked in about a day I read.

If there is no setting for the WPS but I never press the WPS button on the front of the router, can it be hacked or not?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Disable WPS
2 weeks ago

@Michael87 

Hi, WPS means Wi-Fi Protected Setup, which is used to connect a client (personal device) to the router’s wireless network easily.

If you do not want to use this way to set up wifi connection between your client and router, or you do not want anyone to use WPS,you may log into the web interface of the router and go to Advanced >> Wireless >> WPS to make sure it is disabled.

Options
Re:Disable WPS
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Thanks for telling me where the WPS setting is. I guess I don’t need to worry about it because it’s all greyed out and it says:

Note:This function is not available. To use it, go to the Wireless Settings page and change the following settings: For 2.4GHz network: -Set security to WPA2-PSK[AES]. For 5GHz network: -Set security to WPA2-PSK[AES].

I’m using WPA3-Personal and I don’t think I or the others here have any devices that can’t do WPA3 so I won’t be enabling WPA2 at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 67

Replies: 2

Related Articles