hello! 

i resolve re-configure wan2 as LAN2 and setting a routing

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Router ER8411 : routing between 2 wan
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @MC20 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Policy Routing(PBR) should be what you are looking for.

Update:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A  i want route only internet traffic; lan traffic (network site2 192.168.1.x , site1 192.168.2.x)) no !

do you have a example ? 

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @MC20 

MC20 wrote

@Clive_A  i want route only internet traffic; lan traffic (network site2 192.168.1.x , site1 192.168.2.x)) no !

do you have a example ? 

Don't understand what you mean by route Internet traffic. I don't understand what you are describing and I don't have an answer.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

wan1 is internet (on site1)
wan2 is a mpls (comes from sito2)
from site1 ping site2 ok
from site2 ping site1 ok
from site 2 they don't surf the internet because the routing between wan2 and wan1 is missing
before I had a pfsense and I did it with rules; how do you do it with tplink omada?
I tried this guide
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/645070
but nothing happens

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @MC20 

MC20 wrote

@Clive_A 

wan1 is internet (on site1)
wan2 is a mpls (comes from sito2)
from site1 ping site2 ok
from site2 ping site1 ok
from site 2 they don't surf the internet because the routing between wan2 and wan1 is missing
before I had a pfsense and I did it with rules; how do you do it with tplink omada?
I tried this guide
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/645070
but nothing happens

OK. Making sense now. Static routing.

Options
2 weeks ago
unfortunately it's not enough by doing a static route I get that site2 browses site1, but it doesn't go to the internet
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi @MC20 

MC20 wrote

unfortunately it's not enough by doing a static route I get that site2 browses site1, but it doesn't go to the internet

Again, I gotta clarify the situation. You want WAN2 to route to WAN1 and they are literally set to be the WAN instead of LAN?

I don't think this should be something a router does to route between your WAN ports. The router is about NAT. Not inter-WAN routing. We don't have such a thing if that's what you described.

How instructed you to set this up? Where do you learn from this? Any docs for reference? I don't follow it at all. Does not make sense based on the given information.

Options
2 weeks ago
yes i want sò: all traffic of wan2 (mpls) , routed to wan1 not is possible? script in shell? with tplink support? no?
Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @MC20 

MC20 wrote

yes i want sò: all traffic of wan2 (mpls) , routed to wan1 not is possible? script in shell? with tplink support? no?

No. There is no such thing unless you can show me a document like that. I thought you were routing the LAN but no.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

sorry; in this customer he had pfsense and this is allowed

now i change all infrastructure with omada solution and i got stuck on this...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 13

Related Articles