Which Deco should I add to Mesh network?

2024-05-01 11:31:55 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need to add another Deco hub to my existing mesh network of 4 Deco M5

Would there be any performance benefit from adding a later / better model Deco or should I just buy another M5?

Currently the main Deco is connected to my fibre connection as a router and main hub. Would there be any  performance benefit using a later / better model Deco as the main hub?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Which Deco should I add to Mesh network?-Solution
2024-05-01 13:36:54 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@StefanJ 

Deco M5 has one of the most complete feature sets among Deco models. If you add to your Deco M5 mesh another Deco model that does not support one of the features M5 has, that feature may disappear in your Deco app and you won't be able to use it. 

For that reason, I would recommend to just buy another M5.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Which Deco should I add to Mesh network?-Solution
2024-05-01 13:36:54 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@StefanJ 

Deco M5 has one of the most complete feature sets among Deco models. If you add to your Deco M5 mesh another Deco model that does not support one of the features M5 has, that feature may disappear in your Deco app and you won't be able to use it. 

For that reason, I would recommend to just buy another M5.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Which Deco should I add to Mesh network?
2024-05-02 09:04:56
Yes, it is a big stupidity that certain things disappear if you upgrade Deco with a better X series, according to my logic, the newer Deco should have the same function as the worse one. So, in your case, get another M5.
Options
Re:Which Deco should I add to Mesh network?
2024-05-02 12:46:43

Thanks for the advice.

My inclination was to buy a better model but based on the advice here I'll be buying another m5

Options