I need help... if anyone can!!

2024-05-05 21:44:36
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20230828 rel.44667(4555)

Ok! So... this is my situation. 

I bought this router in April 2022. It came. I hooked up to my network. And worked flawless. 

About 2 weeks ago i went into the router's menu to see something. I was just courious! 

When i went in i have noticed that somewhere in the corner was a red dot that warned me about 

a new version for firmware. It was there likei show you in the image. I said... ok. I clicked and

it asked me if i want to upgrade. I clicked yes and let the good boy to do his job. Baaaad mistake i did.

After that. Nothing worked proprely. I want to mention that the router it has been in the same possintion

for the  past 2 years. I have my computer hooked to it on a wire. NOT wireless. After this upgrade

the internet is connectig and after a few minutes is disconecting, then reconnecting, stay like that for a few minutes

than again ... it is a nightmare to use the internet. First i thought that problem was the internet provider itself. 

When i connected my computer directly from my spliter (i don;t know if i use the correct term) that my internet 

provider gave us the iternet is working perfectly. If i connect again the router... is the same thing as before. Connect, stay, 

disconnect, connect...etc. If i would be the only one usig the net i wouldn't need the router. But unforunetaly 

i need it. Because there are others using the internet.  And yes i have tried resetting it. Still doesn't work. I've tried 

reseting it to factory settings. Nope. Same thing, Please can anyone have a sugestion? Solution? Or i have to buy a new one?

Options
1 Reply
Re:I need help... if anyone can!!
2024-05-06 00:36:02

@xpector 

As a start you could try to revert back to the previous FW release - Archer C6_V3.2_1.0.15 Build 20220923 manually.

Just look at the device bottom sticker to see what's your FW region to download the appropriate FW release (US or EU)..

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 1

Related Articles