TL-SG1005P-PD - POE++ out (802.3bt) ports not working properly (802.3.af/af is activated only)

TL-SG1005P-PD - POE++ out (802.3bt) ports not working properly (802.3.af/af is activated only)

2024-05-08 09:58:19 - last edited 2024-05-09 02:11:00
Model: TL-SG1005P-PD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a TL-SG1005P-PD switch, and use it with an Ubiquity PoE++ adapter. This adapter supports the 802.3(bt), but when I activate the switch, the PoEin Status led do not light, which means the switch is powered by only 802.3af/at. What can be the problem?

I connected 2 camera (6W/each) and the switch warn, that there are less than 7W power (PoE MAX led is lighting). I would use it with 4 similar camera, so the power should be totally enough...

Regards, Daniel

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SG1005P-PD - POE++ out (802.3bt) ports not working properly (802.3.af/af is activated only)-Solution
2024-05-09 02:10:57 - last edited 2024-05-09 02:11:00

Hi @_Daniel85 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We recommend you purchase our POE170S for the 802.3 bt power supply adapter to our -PD version switch.

We are not able to guarantee the compatibility of the third-party PoE++ adapter.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG1005P-PD - POE++ out (802.3bt) ports not working properly (802.3.af/af is activated only)-Solution
2024-05-09 02:10:57 - last edited 2024-05-09 02:11:00

Hi @_Daniel85 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We recommend you purchase our POE170S for the 802.3 bt power supply adapter to our -PD version switch.

We are not able to guarantee the compatibility of the third-party PoE++ adapter.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-SG1005P-PD - POE++ out (802.3bt) ports not working properly (802.3.af/af is activated only)
2024-05-09 08:39:15

@Clive_A 

Thank you, probably this is the problem... It would be very useful, if this compatibility issue would be displayed at Tp-Link site: the switch is compatible only with Tp-Link products. As i saw at this forum, many user is concerned and have to buy one more totally new device... :-(

Options
Re:TL-SG1005P-PD - POE++ out (802.3bt) ports not working properly (802.3.af/af is activated only)
2024-06-02 21:07:27

I'm curious.

When it comes to validating compliance with PoE standards such as 802.3bt, do TP Link self certify this or is it validated by a suitable external body?

I'm seeing a pattern of behaviour when it comes to powering TP Link switches via 3rd party PoE injectors.

There seems to be a similar issue for example with the outdoor switch SG2005P-PD when powered using a non TP-Link PoE injector (that provides 60W of power) results in the unit falling back to minimal power and saying there's only 6W of power left when viewing it via the Omada controller with no PoE consuming devices connected to it.

At the very least TP Link should get their hands on some of these other injectors to understand what the cause of the incompatibility is. Saying "well it works with our injectors, nothing to see here" is exceedingly disingenuous. What next? Only using TP-Link approved patch cords?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 3

Related Articles