Archer AX 72 pro not connecting

2024-05-08 18:50:43

Hey all not sure if you can help but just recently purchased a Archer AX72 pro and I'm currently on Sky broadband (fibre) and I connected everything up and getting orange light on internet. Tried a couple of things and spoke with TP customer support who asked with connection type am on? After some digging found Sky use an MER connection type but I didn't see that on the drop down menu. I only seen static IP, dynamic IP AND PPPoE? I'm I able to connect to the router and is it easy enough to do? Thanks in advance. James 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX 72 pro not connecting
2024-05-09 03:19:15

@JamesBlue86 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Based on DHCP, MER is similar to Dynamic IP. Difference is that there is a special field called option 61 in the DHCP packet. This option is used by DHCP clients to specify their unique identifier.  DHCP servers use this value to index their database of address bindings.  This value is expected to be unique for all clients in an administrative domain.

If you purchased this wireless router recently, it is suggested to contact the retailer to return it, as SKY has restriction on third-party router/modem.

Options
Re:Archer AX 72 pro not connecting
2024-05-09 05:17:15
Ok I’ll do just that thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 2

Related Articles